Energy optimization - Chaudfontaine plant
type of marketIndustry
Work period 2011-2012
On the basis of a preliminary energy audit, exelio studied various feasible ways of improving the efficiency of the existing steam heating system. After several proposals and exchanges with Coca-Cola, exelio carried out the following work (while ensuring the continuity of steam production):
Improvement of steam production efficiency in boiler rooms by :
- The replacement of a boiler by a new more efficient one (power 2,340 kW);
- The recovery of part of the energy still contained in the fumes by an economizer;
- Improvement of water treatment in order to reduce blowdowns.
- Insulation of steam and condensate circuits (pipes and valves);
- The overpressure of the condensate tank (according to validation tests to be performed on site);
- Automatic sectioning of some part of the steam circuit.
Management of the operation
- The automatic management of the boiler room type 72h ;
- Automatic purge management;
- Automatic pressurization of the steam circuits, plant according to the demand of the production. After the work was completed, the first measurements confirmed a 30% saving on the cost of gas consumption.